UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Recruitment 2017 – Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2017 -138 Vacancies | Last Date 03 March
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) invites Application for the post of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2017 for 138 Vacancies. Apply Online on or before 03 March 2017.
Advt No. : 5/2017-GEOL
Job Details :
- Post Name : Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2017
- No of Vacancy : 138 Posts
Category wise Vacancies :
- Geologist, Group A : 40 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A : 40 Posts
- Chemist Group A : 25 Posts
- Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B)- Group A : 33 Posts
- Job Location : All India
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification :
- For Geologist : Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- For Geophysicist : M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India.
- For Chemist : M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes.
- For Junior Hydro-geologists : Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- Nationality : Indian
- Age Limit : 21 – 32 (Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist), 21 – 35 (Junior Hydro-geologists) (As on 01.01.2017)
Application Fee :
- General/OBC Category – RS 200
- Reserve(SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs) Category – Nil
Payment Mode –
- SBI Cash/Challan
- Online Payment
Selection Process :
Selection will be based on Written test, Interview only / Personality test.
How to Apply :
Interested Candidates may apply online through UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in from 08.02.2017 to 03.03.2017 till 6.00 PM.
Important Dates to Remember :
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 08.02.2017
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC recruitment Online Application : 03.03.2017
- Last Date for Submission of Application fee by Challan : 02.03.2017
Important Links :